Tuesday, February 17, 2009

When is it going to warm up in Dallas?

As I've mentioned before, I have a goal of breaking 2:00 in an olympic distance triathlon this year and in order to do that, I'm forecasting a bike leg split of an hour. One of the reasons I'm fairly optimistic about this goal is all the time on the bike I got last semester commuting to and from school 2-3 days a week in addition to regular training rides on the weekends.

When it comes to riding my bike to school, the following issues come into play:
-Which bike will I ride?
-Will I take the train or ride the whole way?
-Do I have to pack my clothes or are there some that I've stashed in my locker in the library?

But most recently, the only issue I've been dealing with is the nasty weather we're having in Dallas.

Which bike I ride has essentially taken care of itself since last Thursday when I traded my old MTB for a road bike that, though it's not new, wasn't built in the 80's when they still put shifters on the downtube and made handlebar grips out of hard plastic.

I'm counting on these rides to help me towards my goal, not to mention to save on the $6 on tolls and gas it costs each day to drive, but it's looking like it won't be till after spring break when I can ride to school...Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment