Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Formal introduction

It has occurred to me that it may seem I am hiding myself by my choice of picture (or lack thereof) on my profile. However, I chose that picture because it was created by my wife and I think it's great, I'm a fairly simple guy and a Texas flag and triathlon does a great job of capturing that.

But a stick figure doesn't do a great job of familiarizing anyone with who I am, so I'll post a few pictures to help the introduction along...



This was taken Feb 24, 2008 at my first ever triathlon, a reverse sprint in Flower Mound, Texas through tri4life, which I believe has ceased putting on races. Yes, it was chilly.



My beautiful wife and I after I rode the Germanfest 40 mile ride in Munster, Texas. It's a great excuse to drink a cold Shiner Bock beer in a small German Texas town after a good ride. It was my longest ride and first group ride ever up to that point. My uncle Jack (not pictured) was also there, but he was still pedaling along doing the metric century at the time the picture was taken. (Note** Picture was taken by my good friend Kathi who kept my wife company while I rode)



My new favorite hobby, cross country skiing, again with my beautiful wife and my good buddy (wingman) TJ's wife from Boulder. TJ was actually there, but he took the picture. This was on the Cordillera golf course in Edwards, Colorado this winter (2008-2009) and to be honest, we are snowshoeing in the picture, but cross country skiing rocks!!



T2 at the US Open in Dallas, Texas October 2008. Check out the one piece tri suit, got it on sale through sierratradingpost.com and love it.



My former life as an EMS helicopter pilot for Texas LifeStar. It was fun, but left little room for learning and acquiring new skills, so I left after 2 1/2 years to go back to school to get my master's in Theology from Dallas Seminary


Hope you enjoy the pictures, they cover mostly the last year since I got hooked on the triathlon lifestyle, I'll post soon with some before and after pictures on the difference tri training has made in my life, makes Jenny Craig look like kid's stuff.


Peanutt

No comments:

Post a Comment