Friday, October 16, 2009

Thank you Podcasters

Age grouper- Thank you Jeff and Eric for being my first ever triathlon podcast and making me laugh throughout the "nothing new on race day" episode-I now keep my legs shaved pretty much year round so as to not have that sneak up on me race day eve. Your show truly has improved with time, but don't let that discount your earlier shows at all, interviews with tri-shop owners and world champion Aussie's are great, but so are conversations between two friends who love this sport we do.


Stay Tuned Report- Thank you Brian for producing the closest thing we have in the triathlon world to a dedicated sportscenter report, including interviews and live race coverage. Though your cowbell may nearly blow out my eardrum every time, no other show out there does half the job of representing our sport so professionally as yours.


The Fredcast- Thank you Dave for providing the most comprehensive coverage of the cycling world and all of it's aspects in a professional, entertaining and well put together show. Though I've never had any of my equipment recalled, I can rest assured that I'd hear about it first from you, and your passion for all things cycling is infectious to the point that every time I listen to a new episode, I can't wait to get back on my bike and "pedal just a little bit harder."


Running with the pack- Thank you Jeff and Allan for providing me with my first opportunity to write in to a show's creator's with advice to Allan when he decided to try his first triathlon. Thank you guys as well for having the conversations about running that make me wish I had someone as dedicated to the sport with which I could have similar conversations.


Brandon's Marathon- Thank you Brandon for inspiring your listeners both as an athlete as well as in the time and energy you dedicate to your listeners' input. I can easily say that no other podcaster spends near the time and energy you do promoting their listeners and it really shows your character and genuine concern for them. Let's not also forget that you're a pretty badass athlete and congratulations on completing your first Ironman this year, keep up the good work.


Phedippidations- Thank you Steve for producing one of the most professional podcasts out there, period, regardless of genre. The production of your show makes the time that much more enjoyable and your ability to cover such an array of topics keeps me guessing from week to week what on earth you'll decide to talk about next. Finally, so help me God when John Michael finally grows up to move away to college, for I'll probably cry like a little girl when he's unable to make his regular appearance on the show, the banter between the two of you is one of the highlights of my week and gives me something to look forward to someday if I'm ever blessed enough to have such a family.


Zen and the art of Triathlon- Thank you Bret for teaching me about karma, like when I got stung by a bee on a bike ride the day after listening to your episode in which you got stung by a bee. Thank you as well for teaching me that sometimes, all it takes is to ask myself "what would someone who is training to be a better triathlete do?" and then simply going out and doing whatever answer I come up with for that question. Thank you finally for putting on your ironbaby self supported race to raise money and awareness for charity.


Three Apples Tall- Thank you Dana for representing the younger generation out there in the running podcast world. Your show gives me hope for our generation and I find myself looking forward to your new episodes more than most every other podcast I listen to, maybe one of these days I'll actually get around to calling in sometime!


Kelownagurl- Thank you Deb for kicking ass as both a triathlete and teacher. I'm in grad school specifically to become a teacher one day and your attitude throughout your experiences is awesome!


Endurance Planet- Thank you Kevin for bringing great stories to the podcast world that are inspiring and encouraging. Every time I listen to a new episode I wonder why I haven't joined your club, keep up the great work, and maybe once I get myself a job I'll man up and join.

No comments:

Post a Comment