Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm so ready to get out of the pool

Not in the sense that I want to stop swimming, I just want to swim somewhere ELSE besides a 25m chlorinated pool.

Somewhere like the Bahamas. Where the water is as clear as a swimming pool but there's no wall to kick off of just when you start to get going and where there's no such thing as lane lines or master's club with whom to compete for lane space. Just you and the water, some sand below and a fish (or nurse shark) every so often to drive home to point that you are NOT in a pool.

Oh, and the water's warm too.

I'd even take some time in a lake at this point if the lakes in Texas weren't still too cold to attempt without a westuit I don't have. Though I admit I have confidence that the water will warm soon enough, not like the lakes in Colorado that "warm" up to a balmy 69 degrees in the middle of summer.

It's just a matter of time, and for now that means grunting through laps at the crowded, chlorinated pool, 25 meters at a time.

But soon...oh how soon it is......That's looking west into the sunset from the anchorage at Staniel Cay in the Exuma island chain of the Bahamas and will serve as my training "pool" for the week of spring break, if it ever comes, in March.

Or even......Possum Kingdom Lake in Graham, Texas - The only place I call home in the sense that it has been there since before I was born, and for someone who's moved almost 30 times in only 25 years, that means something.

No comments:

Post a Comment